my wardrobe

I love a hoody, loose fitting jeans and trainers. I wear that all day, everyday... 

Yesterday, on my ride, was no different... although it was not a problem to wear this I learnt quite quickly why cyclists wear what they do on longer and less spontaneous and leisurely rides.

The wind was bitter, yes I know its December, but it was a mild day. It was unexpectedly colder when riding. My hands and face, being the only exposed skin were obviously the coldest.

The wind flapping my loose jeans became a bit annoying, especially coming down hill. - did I tell you I cycled all the way up the Gorge!!!!!

Our E-Bikes do not have exposed spikes on the chainring (attached to the pedals); which I remember catching on loose trouser legs, creating the need for bike clips on the ankles for some riders. 

The last thing I noticed about what i was wearing was my hoody and tshirt.... I am quite tall 6'1", and as I was riding I noticed my arse was doing that builder thing.... poking out. Quite embarrassing really and a bit drafty

I felt that I did not need the padded pants just yet - let's wait until I spend time on the mountain bikes for that - the treadwell's are super comfy with a spring loaded seat. What joy.

So in conclusion what have I learnt.... 

Face and hands get cold. Flappy jeans are ok but not ideal for a leisurely ride and I must remember to tuck my tshirt in to not moon any other road users. 

Gloves will be my first purchase.... pants soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The learning curve

Preparation

a nice easy one to get going...